Our goal is to have human centered design approaches applied to all four proposed solutions that will be procured. Human-centered design is deeply embedded in the philosophy of the LA County Homeless Initiative. Its focus may range from customer interactions between people experiencing homelessness, service-providers, and case managers, to the design of mobile digital services, and even the design of reporting and geo mapping systems. It is a holistic approach to understanding the desired outcomes for LA County customers.
Our Vision for this Solution
- Improve outcomes reporting for the Homeless Initiative (tied to strategies); and
- Track near real-time Measure H contracts, expenditures, and requirements.
Proposed Solution Capabilities
- Automated method for retrieving outcome metrics for Measure H funded strategies from departments / agencies and homeless service-providers to support data‐driven decision making
- Automated ability to track Measure H funded County departments / agencies and providers expenditures in near real‐time
- Ability to tie / correlate and analyze expenditures to performance outcomes / data metrics in near real‐time
Required Security Requirements
The Information Security Requirements sets forth information security procedures to be established by Contractor before the Effective Date of the Technology Innovation Challenge and Services Agreement. It is Contractor’s sole obligation to (i) implement appropriate measures to secure its systems and data, including Personal Data, Protected Health Information, and County Confidential Information, against internal and external threats and risks; and (ii) continuously review and revise those measures to address ongoing threats and risks.
In accordance with County of Los Angeles Board policies 6.100 – 6.105 & 5.200; reference Board of Supervisors website for more information.
Primary Customers / Users
- Homeless Initiative Team
- County of Los Angeles and Measure H funded agencies
- LA County departments
Total Contract Funding Authority
The Technology Innovation Challenge funding request cannot exceed $200,000 (you will have the opportunity to share and explain the total projected costs to implement the solution, which can total more than $200,000).
Are you ready to be part of the solution?
You can make a difference in the fight against homelessness. Join us in building a more innovative and responsive homeless services delivery system in LA County.